Monday 1 September 2014

Couch Progress: Nearing Another Milestone...

Hello there!

It's been a good few months since I last updated, obviously. The last you heard from me, Camp NaNoWriMo was going well and I'd finally found my fire.

Since that post... eh, it kinda went downhill. I can't even remember what word count I finished Camp NaNo with but it wasn't fantastic. Still, words were words and it gave me the opportunity to think about my novel, and about what it lacked, and about what I needed to do to engage with the story again.

Since April I've been writing in bits and pieces - between tons of overtime at my day job and some stress from external sources, I've not had time to do much. But today I'm enjoying some much needed respite with my good friend Holly (a fellow writer and book enthusiast whose blog I encourage you to follow, especially if you love Sci Fi, Fantasy and YA Lit), getting some writing done, and I decided to check my word count. I've split my story arcs across several different documents now so it took a bit of cutting and pasting, but...


That's right, eleven words off the big 300k. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment